English Teaching Assistants (TA) are talented undergraduates and recent graduates recruited in universities in the UK. They cooperate voluntarily for up to 20 hours a week. TA must have excellent communicaton skills in English and the ability to deal with cultural differences.
- Help the English teacher prepare the lesson plan before it starts
- Help the English teacher prepare the materials for the lesson
- Lead speaking, listening and reading activities
- Use games connected to the lessons
- Use materials connected to the lessons
- Supervise pupils in the classroom
- Work with small groups of children
- Deliver presentations about your country
- Encourage students learn about your culture
- Organize the English week at school
- Attend staff meetings
- Act as a resourse in the English lab
- Occasionally go on school´s field trips
- Dates: Year round (late February to December)
- Duration: 1 up to 5 month
- Hours: 20 a week
- Native level of English language skills
- University undergraduate or recent graduate (2 years limit)
- Age limits: 18-24
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy. Enthusiasm
- To be mentally and physically fit to do the programme in Peru.
- Sense of humour
*Spanish or teaching experience are NOT requirements for this scheme.
- Volunteer teaching assistant experience in a partner school.
- A Peruvian host family who belongs to the school community. They will provide you accommodation and daily meals.
- Airport pickup in Lima
- Sightseeing in Lima.
- Acculturation Seminar
- TEFL Training (6 hours)
- 24/7 support.
- Regular contact with UK Universities Representatives
- Regular monitoring with Schools´Co-ordinators
- Travel advice.
- Programme completion certificate.
- Spanish conversation club (available in Lima)
- Charity work (available in Lima)
- 3+ months programmes are split in two different cities and host families.