The Full Time Teaching Programme

How does it work?

Candidates apply to the positions advertised on the Teaching Vacancies section of the website, fill out the  APPLICATION-FORM, send us the cv and cover letter to:

A VTP Representative will contact the candidate should their professional experience matches the position requirements.  A first Skype interview will be arranged with us and then with the host school. The host school may request for a third interview before VTP sends the offer letter to the candidate.

How long can I teach for?

The shortest commitment is one academic year: February to December. Ideally for a 2 years contract.

Do I need to be a qualified teacher?

Yes. TESOL, CELTA PGCE qualified teachers are welcome to apply also. Teaching experience is an advantage.

What can I teach?

Mainly English. Other teaching subjects may be available too, such as; Science, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Literature. These are taught fully in English.

Where will I teach?

This programme is only available in the cities of Lima and Cajamarca.

Do I have to pay VolunTeach Peru?

NO. Candidates do not pay any fee nor need to enroll to any course with VolunTeach Peru to be eligible to apply for the position.

This means we trust your professionalism and commitment. VolunTeach Peru is one of the very few TEFL organisations that does not charge a fee. Thus, we encourage you, that if not sure of taking part in this programme, don´t do it. Interrupting your contract with no apparent reasoning HIGHLYaffects the reputation of VolunTeach Peru with the partner schools and consequently, to continue supporting them.

Do I need to speak Spanish?

No. Spanish is a not a requirement. It is not evaluated in the application process either.

Is accommodation advice provided?

Yes. We will offer you information on some accommodation options before you arrive in Peru.

Will someone meet me at the airport?

Yes, a VTP Representative will meet you at the airport upon your arrival.

Working Visa

Do I need a Working Visa?

Yes. The partner school is responsible for paying and arranging the Working Visa for you.

What are the requirements for the Working Visa?

You will need to post VolunTeach Peru the apostilled copy of your Degree or Teaching Qualification and passport copy.  The Peruvian Inmigrations Office may take around 4 and 8 weeks to process the visa request.

When do I sign the contract with the host school?

Candidates arriving in 2019, may sign contracts before arriving in Peru. Working Visa will need to be organized beforehand.

Do I need to have the International Child Protection Certificate?

Yes. As an overseas organisation we are unable to request one for you. You must apply for the International Child Protection Certificate:

If not a British citizen, the police check will be requested,

Schools in Peru

What type of schools hire for the full time positions?

They are  private or international schools that teach all subjects in English. In addition they may have international curriculums.

What is the dress code for teachers?

The dress code for teachers is smart casual. Piercings, tattoos should be concealed at all times.

What is the level of English in schools?

Schools that sign up for this programme work very hard to improve the teaching & learning of the language of their pupils and teachers. Their English level is advanced and even more in Secondary school classes.

What other documentation is required?

When you find out your application was successful it will be requested the Police Check or International Child Protection Certificate and Health Report which must state you are in perfect conditions to do the teaching programme in Peru for one or two years, as agreed by contract.

Why is it requested?

Working with underage children and teenagers require that we provide schools, documents to guarantee at our best knowledge, the academic background and personal traits of the teachers recruited by VolunTeach Peru.

Will I have a time-off school during the academic year?

Yes. Teachers should have one week off in May, two in July and another one in October. Summer break in Peru starts the third week of December and finishes the first week of February.