Applications for 2017 and 2018 are opened. Teaching vacancies are limited, we recruit up to 60 teaching assistants from UK universities every year.
We recommend you to read the following application guidelines to better understand the programme application procedures and pre-arrival stages:
Before you apply:
Make sure you have understood all the information provided on the website and about the Teaching Assistant Experience Programme: who we are, what we do, vision and mission, teaching duties and responsabilities at school. This will be asked in the application interview via Skype.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Send us your CV, cover letter and recen photo of yourself (smiley one please) to: email@example.com
- A VTP representative will e-mail you back to you in the next 48 hours if your educational background and work experience matches the programme requirements. Applicants should fill out the application essay form (650 words) at this point.
- Skype interview with a VTP representative.
- You will be asked to provide two reference contacts.
If your application was successful:
You will have between 4 to 8 weeks to submit the following documents requirements:
- Complete the application fee payment to register your participation.
- A University headed Letter of Reference.
- A Letter of Reference from your Secondary school.
- Ask a teacher/tutor to fill out the Referral Form.
- Passport copy.
- Two emergency contact details: parents and or siblings.
- Apply for the Child Protection Certificate (http://www.acro.police.
- Ask your doctor to fill out the Health Report.
- Produce an Introductory video for your host school and host family.
- Flights booking confirmation to Peru.
Before you arrive:
- Complete the Programme Fee payment (2-3 months before you arrive in Peru).
- You will receive the Information Pack containing your Host School & Host Family data so you can start the contact with them via Skype, social networks or Whatsapp.
- A Skype session with your Peruvian family and Head of English of your host school.
- Send us the copy of the full details of your Travel insurance policy.
Get ready and start packing! We will meet you up at the airport.